April 1st I started my new job at e-office. e-office focusses on Human software, and does this using Microsoft, IBM and Google technology.
Human sofware can be seen as 'messaging', 'collaboration', 'enterprise 2.0', 'unified communications', 'user experience' and 'mobile'.
It does however not stop at the technology, because at e-office we believe that people and organisations are an equal part of the equation.
I've joined the SharePoint team at e-office, and I'm already very excited about the upcoming projects that I have seen.
You can follow e-office on:
I've been using the iPad for a while now, and regulary find myself accessing my companies SharePoint intranet.
First I just used the iPad's browser, but found that touch input is a bit cumbersome at times and the screen realestate is a bit small on the iPad.
The screen realestate issue could be fixed with some nice orientation enhancements for SP2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8NrTPEu_pY), but that would still leave me with my navigational issues.
To make my life a bit easier I did some research into the available iPad apps that make navigating and using SharePoint easier.
I currently use SharePlus lite. This is the free version of SharePlus.
The Pro version will currently set you back:
- USD 14,99 or
- EUR 11,99
SharePlus features I really like are:
- Big buttons that make for easy navigation
- Pro version is a 1 time buy for all your iOS devices
- ISA and ForeFront authentication support
- Add, edit & delete list items, such as: tasks, pictures, contacts, custom lists, discussion boards and documents while connected. Edit includes Check In, Check Out & Discard CheckIn support (pro only).
- Send documents by email.
- Browse data by view in online mode, respecting server defined list views, with ordering and filtering settings.
- SSL Support
- Connects to WSS 3.0, MOSS 2007, SP2010, and all editions of SharePoint Online (BPOS included), as long as they use windows based authentication and not forms based. Form based is now supported
Other iPad applications for SharePoint I found are:
Fillament (this is the next one I will be trying)
Haven't tried this yet, so no actual experience
- Also has a lite and a pro version
- Pro version is USD 12,99 or EUR 10,49
- Pro: bit cheaper, supports form based authentication, SSL self signed certificate support
- Con: irritating music in demo video :), data editting only in pro version
- Site: http://www.aircreek.com/home/Products/FilamenteforiPad.aspx
- Pro: Free, Dashboard function
- Con: version 1.0, not as advanced as the other two
- Site: http://www.unique-conceptions.de/spdashboard.php
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt6o5V5up7g
Tweeting from outlook using OutTwit works like a charm, but I was missing something to soothe my Mobile twitter attacks.
This is when I discovered Twikini and PocketTwit for Windows Mobile. I tried PocketTwit first, but could not get it to connect to twitter on my HTC P4350.
So after uninstalling it I tried Twikini. Twikini looks like a million dollars in all of it's simplicity.
It is compatible with all Windows Mobile® 5 and 6 devices, including touch and non-touch.
I'm already hooked on this app. Hope you will enjoy it too.